Wednesday 2 May 2018

Sewing Pattern Review: Rebecca Page's Berry Bubble Shorts



(PSST! Use code MAYPP20 for 20% off Berry Bubbles throughout May 2018!!)


I have knees that burn like watermelons in the sun.


My knee vs Watermelon 10 years ago...they've been super burnable since!

So having knee coverage and NOT short-shorts is a must.

I've been coveting Rebecca Page's Berry Bubble Shorts for some time, and caved in, grabbing the Add-On so I could make longer unlined shorts - they even hit my knees! 

I did a little dance once they were done.



 

Sewing timewise, they were a slow sew, but with all the details and end result - totally worth spending a few evenings on!

I used random Walmart cotton for the main portion of the shorts, and scraps of other cotton for the pockets.

I made my own binding as per Rebecca's online tutorial, and it was much easier than I anticipated - and great way to use more weird scraps of fabric.

The original Berry Bubble Shorts Pattern includes:
- Fully Lined Shorts
- Short, Mid Thigh, and Knee Length Options
- Leg Binding or Cuffs
- Straight or Bubble Leg Finish (great for all figures.
- Buttons at the front
- Bias edged pockets
- pretty pleats

I opted for the Mid Thigh length with cuffs and straight leg finish for mine from this portion of the pattern.

The Berry Unlined Pants Pattern Add-On includes:
- Unlined option
- Capris and ful length pants options!
- You require the original pattern to complete your pants or unlined shorts, or can grab the Bundle with the Ladies, Girls, AND Doll patterns (all the Berries!)


 



They aren't too wide legged, and I really like the fit and comfort level.

They are my new summer-must have - ALL THE BUBBLES!




No comments:

Post a Comment