Wednesday 9 May 2018

Me Made May - Day 9 - Halla's Hey Babie and Patterns for Pirates Peg Legs

Today it's a bit chilly, so that warrants a hood. And full coverage for me Me Made May rotation. 

So out come a few of the first garments I sewed up last year when I started Sewing My Wardrobe.






Halla Patterns Hey Babie Top

This is one of the first tops I made - and I guess I started colour blocking here, as I used 4 different fabrics (and fabric types).

- Some flowery sort of stretchy fabric for the sleeves
- Black Rabbit custom Geeky Math print for the front - More Black Rabbit Cotton Lycra (sporty as it's sleek feeling) for part o the back
- Random Fabricland thin not so stretchy fabric for the hood, ties, and part of the back blocking

I LOVE ruching - it's flattering, and leaves any lumps and bumps of the body behind. 

And I LOVE hoods, hence the hood - it also keeps my neck warm. 



Patterns for Pirates Peg Legs

These were my first leggings - the reason I started sewing my wardrobe.

They have since added an "add on" to this FREE pattern, which includes side ruching (I have a pair with mario and sparkly fabric - awesome!), colour blocking, pockets, and then some. 

But for a beginner, normal leggings were what I was looking for, and they're still going strong after over a year! 

Comfy style today, and I even matched pants and top. 

Life Goals. 


No comments:

Post a Comment