Saturday 12 May 2018

Me Made May - Day 12: Mother Grimm's Gretel Skirt & The Wolf and the Tree's Ballerina Tie Top

We're almost half way through Me-Made May!

I'm liking shopping my wardrobe instead of wearing the same things constantly.

Today, I went to visit Mom for a coffee and to spoil her with love. 





She commented about 6 times on how nice my outfit was - she loves the pockets, the Ballerina Wrap, and the mixture of fabrics I used in the creation of both of these garments. 

I wear this in anticipation of meeting MATT SMITH tomorrow at Comicon!  

I just hope my Vestibular Migraine behaves and doesn't put me into a total down spin vertigo attack. That would be awful!

Today I'm sporting:




The Wolf and the Tree's Ballerina Tie Top

This is my most recent ballerina Tie Top, sewn as part of a recent sew-a-long. 

I love sew-a-longs, as usually there are tips, a fun group of ladies, and prizes at the end!

Summer is coming, thus I opted for a sleeveless version.

And the Tardis Fabric and timing of Matt Smith meant I had to use the remainder of this coveted fabric for my tie top. 

More details on my top and matching ballerina skirt here



Thanks, Gideon!

Mother Grimm's Gretel Skirt 

I love my Gretel Skirt - it sits at my knees, I can use a multitude of fabrics - woven AND knits - and it has POCKETS!

I felt it was a good pairing for my Top, hence out of the closet it came to see Mom!  

More on my Gretel Skirt Sewing experience here

Until tomorrow, SEW ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment